Vision & Ethos
We promote ‘Successful Learners’ for all our children and our Vision Statement is to:
- Safeguard children, ensuring the school is a safe and secure learning environment in which their personal development can flourish alongside core academic skills.
- Teach an exciting, ambitious and rich curriculum both inside and outside the classroom that allows your child to physically, emotionally and academically develop and to enable your child to achieve individual success.
- Equip your child with core academic knowledge, skills and cultural capital needed to be prepared for life.
- Support your child to develop and to take an ownership of their own learning.
- Provide an excellent team of highly skilled and trained governors and staff who are committed to a shared sense of purpose.
- Build active partnerships with our parents/ carers, and the local community. This relationship between home, school and the wider community develops an appreciation of our culturally diverse community.
- Actively promote British Values, embedding these principles within all teaching. To secure this we actively challenge views that are contrary to fundamental British Values.
- Developing pupils’ confidence and resilience so that they can keep themselves mentally healthy.
At Tollgate Primary School we expect every child to be a successful learner. We set the foundations for this to happen through delivering an outstanding education to each and every child on a daily basis with exceptional teaching and learning.
We promote our Ethos through the 5Cs:
Through highlighting and modelling these characteristics, we enable our children to develop a thirst for knowledge, an understanding of the importance of these values in school and in everyday life and grow within the children attitudes that will empower them to become respectful, responsible, active citizens who contribute positively to society.