There are different arrangements for children starting our school for the first time and for children joining at a later date. The Local Authority’s Determined Arrangements have been adopted by the governing body of this Multi Academy Trust.
We accept children's names for the Nursery waiting list from their second birthday. We cannot guarantee you a place but we do try to offer all children at least three terms in the Nursery before entry to our school.
We offer children a morning only Nursery placement or an afternoon only placement. If you would like to put your child's name on our Nursery waiting list we suggest you do this after their second birthday. Please come to the Family Centre to put your child's name down.
Please bring with you:
- Your most recent Council Tax Bill or if not available, your Tenancy Agreement or Rent Book.
- A Utility Bill, (Gas, Electric, Water, Landline phone)
- Your child's Birth Certificate or Passport showing their Date of Birth and Full Name.
Starting school for the first time
In Newham, children start primary school (Reception) in the school year during which they have their fifth birthday. Entry is either in September or January depending on their birthday.
To request a place for your child at our school, you must contact one of Newham’s Service Centres. Details of where you can find your nearest one please click here.
In the term before your child's admission is due, you will hear from Newham to let you know whether a place is available or not. If you are offered a place, write or call to accept it as soon as possible. After this, the Education Department let us know you have a place and we will get in contact with you as soon as we can to arrange an admission interview.
Reception admission for entry from September 2020
- Pan London e-admissions portal
- Pan London Schemes for 2019-2020
- Determined Admission Arrangements for 2020 entry
- LB Newham Reception for 2020 Admission web pages
Primary to secondary transition for entry September 2021
- Pan London eadmissions portal
- Pan London Schemes for 2020-2021
- Determined Admission Arrangements for 2021 entry
- LB Newham primary to secondary transition web pages
All schools have admission criteria to decide which children get places.
Admission criteria are different for each school. They may give priority to children:
- who live close to the school
- who have a brother or sister at the school already
- from a particular religion (for faith schools)
- who pass an entrance exam (for selective schools, for example grammar schools)
- who went to a particular primary school (a ‘feeder school’)
- who are eligible for the pupil premium or the service pupil premium
- whose parent has worked at the school for 2 years or more