There are different arrangements for children starting our school for the first time and for children joining at a later date. The Local Authority’s Determined Arrangements have been adopted by the governing body of this Multi Academy Trust.
We accept children's names for the nursery waiting list from their second birthday. We cannot guarantee you a place but we do try to offer all children at least three terms in the nursery before entry to our school.
We offer children a morning only nursery placement or an afternoon only placement. If you would like to put your child's name on our nursery waiting list we suggest you do this after their second birthday. Please come to the school office on Tuesdays only, between 9am and 10am.
Please bring with you:
- Your most recent Council Tax Bill or if not available, your Tenancy Agreement or Rent Book.
- Plus A Utility Bill, (Gas, Electric, Water, Landline phone)
- As well as your child(rens’) Birth Certificate or Passport showing their Date of Birth and Full Name.
Starting school for the first time
In Newham, children start primary school (Reception) in the school year during which they have their fifth birthday. Entry is either in September or January depending on their birthday.
To request a place for your child at our school, you must contact one of Newham’s Service Centres. Details of where you can find your nearest one please click here.
In the term before your child's admission is due, you will hear from Newham to let you know whether a place is available or not. If you are offered a place, write or call to accept it as soon as possible. After this, the Education Department let us know you have a place and we will get in contact with you as soon as we can to arrange an admission interview.
Reception admission for entry from September 2017
Primary to secondary transition for entry September 2018
Determined Admission Arrangements for entry from September 2019
Oversubscription criteria – how we offer school places
Following the formal consultation between 5 December 2017 and 31 January 2018 and subsequent Council agreement our admission arrangements for entry into school from September 2019 have been formally determined.
The main changes for 2019 are:
- A single document for infant, junior, primary and secondary schools.
- Removal of catchment areas and the associated catchment area priority for infant, junior and primary schools. Introduced to remove a barrier to admission at the most geographically local schools, due to the local set historic boundaries of a catchment areas.
- Inclusion of ‘School staff children’ as an oversubscription priority group. This is to assist local schools in recruiting and retaining staff by prioritising admission of staff children to their schools and will help ensure we have no barriers to recruitment especially where there is a demonstrable skills shortage, such as maths and science.
- Inclusion of ‘Service children’ as an oversubscription priority group. To complement the council’s Cabinet approved housing allocations policy we are prioritising Service children whose parent/carers have or are serving the country.
Admissions Primary School 2019
Admissions Secondary School 2019
Useful links for all schools admissions
LB Newham School Fact Finder
Ace Education – Independent Advice for Parents and Carers